How can I drop charges against someone?
You cannot. Once the police are called, the charging decision belongs to the City of Kennewick. The decision to prosecute a case is based on the facts of the case gathered by the police department and the evidence provided by any witnesses to the crime. The City's primary concern in these matters is doing our best to ensure the safety of our citizens while enforcing the law. We certainly welcome and consider any input you have in regards to the outcome of a case. We empathize with the difficult situation the defendant’s alleged criminal actions have placed on you and/or your relationship. However, please realize that dismissal is a rare outcome when charge(s) can be proven.

Show All Answers

1. How can I drop charges against someone?
2. I received a subpoena. What do I do?
3. How do I get a No Contact Order dropped?
4. I have received a subpoena but I don’t know why and/or I am unavailable for those dates. What do I do?
5. I was the victim of a crime and have out-of-pocket loss. Who can I talk to?
6. How do I find out what happened at a court date?
7. How do I get additional information to the prosecutor about my case?