I cannot afford a defense attorney. How do I get one appointed to me?
Public Defenders are only appointed by the judge in court after a determination has been made that you financially qualify. You will need to provide proof that you are financially indigent. Traditionally this appointment is made at your Arraignment hearing. However, if you did not request one at that time and you wish to request a Public Defender now, please do so at your next court date. You may also visit the Benton County Office of Public Defense for more information.Benton County Office of Public Defense

Show All Answers

1. How do I change my court date?
2. How do I obtain the police reports for my criminal charges?
3. How do I quash my warrant?
4. May I talk to a prosecutor about my charges?
5. I cannot afford a defense attorney. How do I get one appointed to me?
6. I have a warrant on an unresolved case and I live out of the area. I cannot afford to come back to appear in court. What can I do?
7. I received a Public Defender and want to “fire” them. What do I do?
8. I entered into a Deferred Sentence or Stipulated Order of Continuance and now I received a notice for a Sentencing Hearing. I thought this was supposed to go away if I complied. What do I do?
9. I received a Complaint charging me with Theft, however, I paid the store at the time I was caught shoplifting. Why am I also being charged?