Special Events & Tournaments
Planning an event/activity in a City park or facility?
If your event is private with less than 100 people and does not include alcohol, bounce houses, amplified sound, or any other high-risk activities, you are welcome to reserve a space online or in-person at one of our registration sites.
If your event meets any of the below criteria, the City considers you a special event and therefore will require a Special Event Permit and other required items:
- Event is open to the public
- Expecting 100 or more people
- Serving alcohol
- Using amplified sound
- Contains high-risk activities such as a bounce house, rock-climbing wall, petting zoo, etc.
Applying for a Special Event Permit
To ensure your event is safe and successful, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Thoroughly review the Special Event Permit Guide.
Step 2: Complete the Special Event Permit Application and submit with initial fees to the Special
Events Office a minimum of 90 days prior to your proposed date.
Step 3: Schedule a meeting with the Special Events Coordinator to discuss event details.
Step 4: Submit all required documentation, insurance certificates, and fees a minimum of 30 days prior
to your event.
Step 5: Schedule a final walkthrough with the Special Event Coordinator a minimum of 14 days prior to
Contact the Special Events Office at 585-4293 or email for more information.
Special Events Documents
- Special Events Permit Guide
- Appendix 1 - Special Event Permit Application
- Appendix 2 - Fee Schedule
- Appendix 3 - Insurance Worksheet
- Appendix 4 - Sample Insurance Certificate and Endorsements
- Appendix 5 - Site Map Templates
- Appendix 6a - Food Vendor Info Sheets
- Appendix 6b - Required Vendor Information Template
- Appendix 7 - Basic Safety Information
- Appendix 8 - Incident Action Plan
- Appendix 9 - Parade, Demonstration, Street Closure Permit Application
- Appendix 10 - Temporary Business License Application
- Appendix 11a- Run of Show Example
- Appendix 11b - Run of Show Template
- Appendix 12 - Park Vehicle Permit Application
- Appendix 13 - Electronic Message Sign Application