Lawrence Scott Park Pickleball Complex Expansion
Combined with the 3 pickleball courts that were constructed in 2017, the 15 total courts will make Kennewick the Pickleball Capital of Washington State. Also included in the project are new restrooms near the current playground, and a 45 foot by 74 foot picnic shelter, making it the largest picnic shelter in our parks system. Since the completed project will benefit local residents and generate economic impact for area businesses, a corporate sponsorship drive is underway to reflect the community’s investment in the project. Toyota of Tri-Cities and Retter & Company Sotheby’s International Realty are inviting partners to join the fundraising effort to augment investments from Club 509 Pickleball, American Rescue Plan Act federal funding, and the City of Kennewick.
Check back in for project progress!
Become a Part of Lawrence Scott Park
Sponsor a brick or become one of our Premier Sponsors!
Our Premier Sponsors:
- Multigenerational reach affiliated with a fun playground,
- musical equipment, ballfields, courts, and walking path features.
- Brand exposure to the entire Tri-Cities and surrounding areas, at a centrally located, tournament-ready complex.
- Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in America, and now the official sport of Washington State!
- Capitalize on tourism as pickleball players look to relocate to a community with a championship quality complex.
- Sponsorship of this caliber shows support of our local community and reaches a growing audience.
- Largest shelter in the park system - 45’ x 75’
- Plenty of shade and protection from the elements
- Accommodates large events, picnics, rental reservations
- Supports tournament operations and vendors
- 50% larger than existing
- Heated for year-round usage
- Vandalism resistant & epoxy interior for fast cleaning
- Repurpose existing facility as storage
Interested in Sponsoring?
Premier Sponsorship - $52,500
Contact Brandon Lange, Recreation Manager
Brandon.Lange@ci.Kennewick.wa.us | (509) 585-4279
Only two Premier Sponsors remaining!
The Parks and Recreation Commission was able to seek public input on the proposed project to expand the pickleball courts at Lawrence Scott Park. Below is our invitation to the public that made this possible!
About the Project
Lawrence Scott Park currently has 5 pickleball courts (3 regulation and 2 small), and 4 deteriorated tennis courts. The proposed project includes new restrooms, a community gathering shelter, and replacement of the tennis courts regulation pickleball courts. The reconfiguration would result in a total of 15 tournament-sized and fenced pickleball courts.
- Club 509 Pickleball Membership
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Park Impact Fees (from new residential development)
- American Rescue Plan Act
Please provide feedback on the proposed project at the February 24, 2022 Parks Commission meeting (Zoom), or by email to: email@example.com. Email correspondence received by February 23, 2022 will be provided to the Commission at their February meeting.