Rent and Utilities Assistance
This program is currently closed. Please check back as it will restart in 2022.
The Tri-Cities HOME Consortium, member Cities Kennewick, Pasco and Richland have awarded $700,000 to Benton Franklin Community Action Committee (CAC) to administer an Emergency, Short-Term, Tenant Based Rental Assistance Program helping low income-qualified families and individuals living in Kennewick, Pasco or Richland who are experiencing a financial hardship due to COVID-19 with rent and utilities assistance.
The program will provide past-due and/or upcoming rent and utility, per qualifying household.
Payment will be made directly to the household’s provider.
To be eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The household experienced hardship directly related to COVID-19.
- The household is unable to pay a portion of or none of their rent and/or utilities.
- The household has a City of Richland, Kennewick or Pasco address.
- Household income in January 2020 was at or below 60% of the Kennewick, Pasco Richland AMI limits, established annually by U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and stated below.
- The household does NOT have savings to meet their financial need.
- The household has eligible immigration status (U.S. citizen/U.S. National, lawful permanent resident/conditional permanent resident, registry immigrant, a refugee/person seeking asylum or granted asylum).
To register, please press HERE.
Para registrarse, oprime Aquí.
All applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will have the opportunity to be selected to receive assistance.
Applications will be processed on a first-come, first eligible served basis until September 30, 2021 or until funds are exhausted, whichever occurs first.
For additional information contact Benton Franklin Community Action Committee at (509)545-4042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.