US395/Ridgeline Drive Intersection (P1402-21)
This project involves the construction of an interchange at the intersection of US395/Ridgeline Drive, which includes an undercrossing structure for Ridgeline Drive to cross under US395.
With the significant amount of growth in the Southridge area, a secon US395 intersection is needed between I-82 and Hildebrand Rd. Currently the Ridgeline Drive intersection with US395 is restricted to not allow left turns out from Ridgeline onto US395. This restricts the ability of adjacent properties to successfully develop without the benefit of easy access to and from their properties.
A traffic signal at US395/Ridgeline is not practical due to the steep grade of US395 and the amount of truck traffic that uses this route.
In partnership with the Washington State Department of Transportation, an underpass interchange was chosen for this location. The project includes:
- Ridgeline Drive crossing underneath US395
- On and off ramps at this location
- An additional northbound US395 lane from Ridgeline to north of Hildebrand
- New turning lanes at all four legs of the US395/Hildebrand intersection
Est. End Date:
|Fall of 2022|
|Connecting Washington funds, National Highway Freight Program funds, and a Public Works Trust fund loan from the State|
Key Schedule Milestones (subject to change)
- The project began in April 2021, with the relocation of utilities and the majority of earthwork being accomplished.
- Traffic was diverted to the east side bypass in October 2021, to allow for construction of the bridge undercrossing structure that will route future Ridgeline Drive to underneath US395. This bypass route will remain in place until early September 2022.
- In early September, traffic will be moved back onto the main US395 route. The detour bypass will be removed, the northbound and southbound on/off ramps will be constructed, the additional northbound 395 lane will be construction, the Zintel/Ridgeline roundabout will be constructed, and the US395/Hildebrand intersection expansion and new traffic signal work will all take place.
- Final paving and striping work will then be performed, and the project is estimated to be completed by the end of October of 2022.
Last updated 7/21/2022