Burn Day & Burn Permit Information

Common Questions:
  • A neighbor is creating a nuisance, where may I file a complaint?
  • Can I burn my tumbleweeds or yard debris?
  • Can I have a portable fire pit in my backyard?
  • Do I need a permit to have a bonfire?
  • How/where do I get a burn permit?
  • Is it a burn day?
Please contact:
Benton Clean Air Authority

The above questions and concerns may all be directed to Benton Clean Air Authority as they regulate all outdoor burning activities in Kennewick.

Outdoor air quality complaints: If you wish to file a complaint, please call the BCAA Complaint Line at 509-783-1304, Extension 1 or, visit their webpage for further information and options.

You do not need to notify the Kennewick Fire Department if you are planning to burn in your orchard, field, along irrigation canals, etc; please contact Benton Clean Air Authority for any regulations, permits, etc.